December 23rd – January 10th is Winter Break (NO SCHOOL)
School Resumes Monday, January 13th
Please note that we do not have holiday parties at Rio Vista. We appreciate you NOT sending any baked goods or candy to school. None of us know all of the potential food allergies that students on campus may have. When seen, these items will be held in the office for a parent to pick them up.
Dress code remains in force this week, as always. But we will have dress-up days this week. Please encourage your student to participate:
• Monday – PJ Monday (Wear your favorite Winter pajamas or cozies. No slippers.)
• Tuesday – Light Up the Tree Tuesday (Wear neon, bright colors, or something that lights up!)
• Wednesday – Santa vs. the Grinch Wednesday (8th grade wear red and 7th-grade wear green.)
• Thursday – Snowflake Thursday (Wear as much white as you can.)
• Friday – Holly Jolly Friday (Wear Christmas hats, headbands, socks, and ugly sweaters.)
(All attire must conform to the CUSD Dress Code unless otherwise stated.)
Fantastic Four: Be There, Be Ready – On Target in 2020
Having goals can keep your middle schooler motivated. Encourage them to pick resolutions that they’ll keep with these suggestions:
• Choose carefully. Your tween could set a goal for each area of their life, such as academic (start long term project early), social (avoid gossip), and personal (save allowance). Or, they might name a resolution for each class, such as memorizing formulas in math or spending more time studying Spanish verbs.
• Get advice. Encourage your middle grader to talk to people they respect about how they keep their resolutions. They might ask relatives, neighbors, teachers, or coaches about goals that they set now or when they were this age.
Joe M. Bracamonte, Principal