- TITAN AWARD: The annual Titan Award is open to all students. The application form for this year is due (fully completed, with signatures and volunteer forms) by May 11th. The recording chart (application) and the handbook which details all aspects of the award are posted on the Rio Vista website under Students. Encourage your student to work with their 1st period advisory teacher to complete the chart.
- CHECK-OUT: Reminder---anyone checking out a student must ALWAYS bring their driver’s license, California ID or valid passport with them. If you do not have a proper ID, you will not be able to check a student out.
- CAMPUS VISITORS: Please remember that all parents visiting Rio Vista during regular school hours must first check in at the front office. If you are going to be on campus you must have a visitor badge at all times. Angelica or Mia in our front office will be more than happy to assist you!
- TARDIES: One of our Fantastic Four beliefs is to “Be There, Be Ready!” This means to be in the seat before the bell rings---not running through the door as the bell rings. Timeliness is an important skill that our students need to develop to be college, community, and career ready.
- SATURDAY SCHOOL: Students needing to make up absences to qualify for participation in Promotion should see Mrs. Haskins about attending Saturday School. There are only a few Saturday School opportunities left – April 28th, May 5th, May 12th, and May 19th.
- Spring Shopping and Central Unified Dress Code: Parents and guardians, please be aware of the District Code Policy (located on the District website and the Rio Vista website) when shopping for new Spring/Summer attire.
- Promotion Eligibility: To be eligible for Promotion, a student must meet district criteria in their 8th grade year, including:
○ A cumulative (all four semesters of 7th and 8th grade combined) grade point average of 2.0 or higher;
○ No more than 10 full day absences, including no more than 3 unexcused absences;
○ No more than 3 suspensions.
Absences may be made up through attending Saturday School (one day of Saturday School makes up for one day of absence). Please have your student see Mrs. Haskins to sign-up.